Thursday 1 December 2011

Hyde Park Winterwonderland - Christmas has begun!

Since I moved to London, the opening of the Winterwonderland in Hyde Park marks the beginning of Christmas - at least for me :-) Mulled wine, a Santa Claus grotto, gingerbread and mince pies... Yes please... But beware: I recommend to save up a considerable amount of money before you decide to go there, things (mulled wine!!) are quite expensive there...


Coming en route from Oxford Street and Marble Arch, that's the first thing you get to see...


Not only for children: Santaland... I love it. Although most of the rides are too small to fit in half my butt, I like walking throught that part of Winterwonderland...


Yes please! I love mulled wine... But coming from Austria, I know that mulled wine is quite different in Britain than anywhere else.. It's basically what is says it is: hot wine... No extra spices, no additional flavours, no fruits inside... So for 4 pounds (!!) you get a tiny plastic cup with a bit boiled red wine... Anyways, have one and decide for yourself :-)


If you don't go for mulled wine, you might want to try one of these: lots of christmassy sweets and old-style gingerbread hearts...


In the middle of the whole Winterwonderland would be an ice skating rank. But most of the time it's really busy there and you need to book in advance to get to skate a bit.


Santa's Pub.. Jolly good, book me in!

The Winterwonderland in Hyde Park usually opens in late November and closes somewhen around the first week of January.


No comments:

Post a Comment