Thursday 28 July 2011

Chinese Calendar Drawings...

During on my walks through Soho, I decided to take a quick turn to China Town and once again I came across some stuff I just had to buy ;-) For the new year, the Chinese people seem to have a nice drawing dedicated to the new year. It is made out of a fabric and embroidered with elements related to the coming new year:


This one would be slightly older, I bought it in 2007 or 2008 -  at that time the year of the dragon. Notice the two dragons on the drawing... I've got no idea what it says on top of the thing, but I guess something among the lines of 'Year of the Dragon'.


This one I saw and bought for my parents. 2011would be the year of the rabbit, so I've got no clue as to why there are fish on the drawing, but hey, it's beautiful and my parents will love it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment